My Needs (What I Can Spend Money On):
- Rent & utilities
- Car payment
- Bills (credit cards, student loans, cell phone, insurance)
- Food to make at home ie grocery store
- Gas
- Vet bills
- Pet food and litter
- Birthday gifts
- Medication
- Doctor co-pays
My Wants (What I Cannot Spend Money On):
- Alcohol
- Gigi's cupcakes (and any other non-homemade cupcake)
- Clothing/shoes/linens
- Starbucks
- Anything other than pet supplies from Amazon.com (my biggest weakness)
- Movies
- iTunes
- Eating out
- Magazine subscriptions
- Housecleaning services
I plan on starting the fast on June 1st and ending it September 8th. While I don't buy that much extra every month, I'm hoping that cutting out a few things will enable me to save more and pay off more. Wish me luck!
Are you using Quicken?
ReplyDeleteGOOD LUCK!! I want to know how this goes :)
ReplyDeleteI'm game for maybe 30 days to try...
ReplyDeleteI considered Quicken but the reviews every year they updated it got progressively worse. Right now I have an Excel spreadsheet and once I'm done with this book (Total Money Makeover) I found a financial advisor for us to meet with. I tried to find an old version to buy but wasn't able to locate anything older than 2011.
ReplyDelete