Friday, January 2, 2015

5+ Things Friday

Usually I do a post every Friday about things that have happened or things I have enjoyed over the previous week. This week I had to cheat and make it 5+ because I just couldn't narrow things down to only 5 (which I think is a good thing if they're all good)! I hope everyone is enjoying the first couple days of 2015 and here is my 5+ Friday:

  1. New Year's Day dinner with family. Alister and I went over to my parent's house yesterday for the typical NYD dinner of pork, black-eyed peas, collards, and cornbread which as usual, was really yummy. Afterwards we all either watched football, read on our Kindle's or played Shanghai Rummy (of which I won- just saying!).
  2. My mom's apple chutney. She made it from scratch and aside from eating it on ham, Alister and I loaded up our Omaha Steak burgers with it the other night and it tasted awesome.
  3. Baked potato bag. One of my coworkers made a bunch of baked potato bags for everyone in the office. I love how crafty she is and I admit, I had never heard of a cloth bag to put your potatoes in the microwave in. Alister and I will definitely be giving it a try soon!
  4. More Japanese candy. These were part of the box that Alex sent my parents, and I can't believe I didn't see them the first time I broke in to their stash! Luckily my parents are worn out on candy so I hauled these home with me.
  5. In Cold Blood. I've been working my way through the 100 Books to Read in a Lifetime (see tab at top of page) and currently am working on "In Cold Blood" by Truman Capote. So far I've read a couple of miserable ones but I'm really liking this one.
  6. My giraffe. My mom brought me a "Feel Better" giraffe on Monday after my procedure. He's a cute thing although, except for his little horns, he does look a lot like a horse!
  7. Ridiculous someecards & meme's. These always make me laugh, and everyone needs a good laugh sometimes.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.