Saturday, September 13, 2014

Just Some Things

As of last Thursday I am officially done with orienting 3 days/week and because of that, I was able to catch up on a lot of schoolwork between then and today. I even went ahead and wrote my article reviews and my paper that are due over the next two weeks. School is hard but I think it will be manageable. I'm also discovering that I actually enjoy pharmacology; drugs are good.

Today I headed out to my parents house for a visit. We did some yard work, ate Chinese, ran a few errands, and packaged up a box of toys to send to Laird. Even though Alex requested nothing be sent yet, I had some place mats made for Laird on Shutterfly and wanted to get those over to him before he forgets who I am. Three year olds are not known for their memories! It was also nice to spend some time with my parents. I saw them much more over the last year because of Alex and Laird being there, and sometimes I forget how nice it is to have them so nearby. I've always been close to my family and sometimes I take that for granted.

On the down side, my right flank is continuing to cause me discomfort. By discomfort I mean, on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the worst pain I could imagine, I am living daily on a 5-6/10 level. That's not acceptable. I'm also hanging upside down multiple times a day on our inversion table, and while it may be stretching my back out nicely it doesn't seem to be moving anything stone-wise. Also, I'm tired of taking Flomax and peeing every 30 minutes when neither of those are accomplishing anything. I'm not sure what I will decide once I go back for my next follow-up, but I definitely cannot live like this indefinitely.

I'm also continuing to attempt to post a picture every day for #100HappyDays. I believe today was day 8, but for those who don't have Instagram I will try to put those pictures on here once a week also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.