Sunday, August 3, 2014

25 Things You Don't Know About Me

I came across this on another random blog that I occasionally check, so in hopes of finding something to write about, here are 25 things you don't know about me (or maybe you do...most of my readers are family)...

25 Things You Don’t Know About Me
1. I’m happiest when…
I have nothing overwhelming to do and no one is demanding anything of me
2. …Especially if it…Means I get to spend time with friends and family (pets included)
3. I’ve always wanted to…Go on a safari and then volunteer in Africa
4. My family and I…Are surprisingly close although my youngest sister desperately tries to get as far away from the rest of us as possible
5. I was a terrible…Chemistry student. I took Chem 101 4 times. No joke.
6. My first job was…Working as a vet tech in high school
7. I could probably eat ice cream everyday. False. I would LOVE to but I am devastatingly lactose intolerant.
8. I stole…Some fish and aquarium plants from PetsMart back in college. Sorry, true story.
9. I was born on the same day as…This guy Dave that lived across the hall from me my freshman year of college. Totally random.
10. My all-time favorite film is…The Lord of the Rings trilogy
11. I do a pretty mean…ICU nurse impression...or that's just my normal persona
12. I’m still mad…I didn't take the Kentucky Equine Internship back in college. Yeah, I got accepted too; still have the letter.
13. I met my husband…In high school. We were band geeks together but never spoke. I was too cool for him.
14. I always knew I wanted…A horse. I had one. Now I don't. Sigh.
15. I’m not afraid to…Skydive! I don't know if I'd go again though; too much cold air up my nose
16. I make the best…Grilled cheese. Truth.
17. I have almost no…Balance. I run into everything.
18. I always cry when…Everyone bows down to the hobbits during Aragorn's crowning during the third LOTR movie...and when Bruce Willis says good-bye to Liv Tyler in Armageddon
19. I’m a...North Carolinian. As always.
20. I spent 12 years...Not having a period. Those were the days.
21. I wish my folks…
 I got nothing here. My parents are awesome.
22. At 5, I was deeply in love with...My Little Ponies and Rainbow Brite

23. I believe if everyone calmed the hell down, the world would be a better place.
24. I can’t stand…
Bad drivers, ignorant patients, debt, reality TV shows
25. Whenever
 Castle is on, I’ll watch it.