Saturday, March 22, 2014

5 Facts About Me

1. I am fascinated by planes. I can't stand flying on a plane with a hundred potentially infectious strangers but the excitement of traveling, seeing new places, and being 30,000 feet in the air gives me butterflies. One of the things on my bucket list is to get my private pilot license so I can at least fly myself short distances. I can sometimes be found sitting in my driveway staring up at the sky and watching the planes take off and land (I live right by the main airport's runway). I think a part of it also has to do with my obsession with wings. I think people should have wings, they just look awesome.

2. I so badly want to love running. I have friends and coworkers that run and love it. I have tried, for several years now, to enjoy running- but so far no go. I think it's because no matter what I do I can't seem to breathe comfortably when I do it, so I spend the entire time gasping and miserable. I've even been to a cardiologist in hopes of finding something that causes me incessant lack of breath, but aside from an unusually high heart rate, nothing showed up. I'm again trying one of those Couch-to-XK programs but sticking with it is the main challenge (especially when I work night shift 3-4 days a week).

3. I am addicted to cupcakes and beer. My dream, should I not have to worry about loans, paying my bills, or going broke, would be to own a cupcake bar and brewery. I could serve cupcake flights AND beer flights; maybe cupcakes made with beer. There are endless possibilities but it's also one of those dreams that will most likely never happen...b/c I want to live a lifestyle at the level in which I can afford whatever I want. Money, to a certain extent, does equal happiness and it definitely doesn't come from home brewed beer or home baked cupcakes!

4. I really have no idea what to do with my life. I'm now in the medical field so I'm going to keep with that theme, but I already know I don't like hospitals. It's also questionable as to whether or not I truly like people. I keep getting pulled back to public health/epidemiology but there's so much schooling that stands in my way. Good thing I'm okay with being a professional student.

5. I'm super excited for it to start warming up. Warm weather=boating=wakeboarding=floating&drinking.