Ingredients for Cake:
- 2 cups all purpose flower
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup mango juice (I used Naked Mango juice)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1/2 tsp salt
Ingredients for Icing:
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
**Set aside an additional 1/2 cup mango juice for glaze
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour two 8 x 1/2" round cake pans; set aside. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter on medium-high for 30 seconds. Gradually add granulated sugar; beat until combined. Beat 2 minutes more then add eggs, one at a time. Alternately add flour mixture from step 1 and the 3/4 cup mango juice until well combined. Stir in shredded carrot and pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.
- Place additional 1/2 cup of mango juice in saucepan and boil gently until it's reduced to 1/4 cup. Remove from heat and cool.
- For icing: Beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add in vanilla and then gradually beat in 4 cups of powdered sugar.
- Frost top of one layer, add second layer, then frost entire cake. Drizzle with reduced mango juice from step 4.
- Makes 12 servings- ~500 calories/slice