Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Fourth

Happy Fourth of July! 

I have to keep reminding myself why this is a day to celebrate when the news headlines are covered with issues regarding abortion, gay marriage, gun control, and Paula Deen saying the n-word (wait, aren't we supposed to be a FREE country?). Regardless, I will not be seeing fireworks or grilling out with friends and family; instead I get to haul myself to my third night shift in a row and slave over caring for people who will never appreciate my hard work, and if they survive their stay will no doubt to return to their previous sh*tty lifestyle or less-than-ideal quality of living. I wonder when human beings became more focused on quantity of life rather than quality? Science and medicine are wonderful things, but I'm seeing firsthand the downfalls of keeping a person alive whose body has otherwise given up.

Did someone piss in my corn flakes? No, but I can honestly say that I will never make my loved ones suffer through the misery that others in this world do.

On a more positive note...
Prompt: Who do you feel closest to in your life?

I'll actually have to say AB- surprise, surprise! As I've said before my husband and I are both antisocial so when we aren't working we generally tend to spend a lot of time together. He doesn't talk nearly as much as I do but since he at least pretends to listen to me then I count him as my person. My mom would come in a close second though; when AB is frustrating me or simply ignoring me I always have my mom to talk to!

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog!! (Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree we should not hang on to people when it is their time ~ to me, it is actually selfish. I was the sole person responsible for signing a DNR and I knew it was the right thing to do ~ it's what I want done, what is the point of living with no life? Your job must be difficult!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.