Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Candles and Fitness

The other day my youngest sister informed me that she had sent me something from Bath & Body Works. Since I rarely ever shop there I was definitely curious as to what it would be, and I admit, I was guessing some kind of bath soap. I was then pleasantly surprised yesterday by a semi-heavy B&B box waiting for me on my front porch. Always the typically impatient person, I ripped into the box and was treated to 2 very nice candles, both ironically named "Lakeside" and "Boathouse Row" (she knows me so well!). I immediately lit the Lakeside one, partially out of curiosity and partially because one of the dogs had horrible gas and the scent was becoming overwhelming. Needless to say, both candles have a crisp refreshing scent, and based on their sizes, will hopefully last for several burns.

I've also been spending the past week exercising way more than I usually do. While AB claims he loves the way I look, I feel like the only muffin in my life should be the one I eat. In addition to continuing the Couch to 10K program, I started doing Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 DVD. I've had several of her DVD's for months now (okay, maybe even years) but aside from a brief attempt at her 30 Day Shred back in nursing school, they haven't been touched...actually, I think several are still in their wrappers. I digress. The "Ripped in 30" program is 4 weeks worth of workouts, designed to be completed for 5-6 days/week. As of today I will have completed Week 1 (with my super heavy 3 lb weights) and am secretly dreading Week 2 (she doesn't mess around). Between the DVD, running 3 days/week, and doing the elliptical 2 days/week, I've managed to lose 2 lbs without changing my eating habits. I know I should, but I love my beer and baked goods, so if I need to work out more to compensate then I guess that's what I will do! I will update again in another week; I don't want to jinx anything and I seem to do better sticking to things when I keep them to myself.


Day 1 without FB: No desire what-so-ever to look at it. I think it helps that AB gave his up too.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad they smell good :) I got the same ones for me but they haven't arrived yet.

    Day 1 down, 239486 more to go!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.