Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Peanut Butter Bars

I borrowed a super-fattening recipe for peanut butter bars from my preceptor at work and finally gave in to the urge to make some. Needless to say, there's about 5000 calories in the entire pan and I managed to eat about a third of it. Regardless, the bars were AMAZING and personally I thought they tasted better than actual Reese's Cups.

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup melted butter
  • 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I did 1/2 semisweet and 1/2 milk chocolate)
  • 4 tablespoons peanut butter
Recipe:
  • Mix together butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter. Spread evenly in to the bottom of a 9x13 pan
  • Melt chocolate chips and 4tbs peanut butter in microwave, mixing occasionally until smooth
  • Spread evenly over crust
  • Refrigerate for 1 hour
  • Cut and enjoy!







4 comments:

  1. We can make those when you come :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I entered your recipe in WeightWatchers. If you cut it into 16 squares it's only 12 points per serving. About 1/3 of a day's points allowance. I gained weight just looking at the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate you for posting this.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. KER- you may hate me but you'd LOVE the bars ;-)

    Old Man- I gave up Weight Watchers- I just kept watching my weight gain!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.