Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Good Byes

Tomorrow Alex, Laird, and Kris head back Seattle, and as always it's sad to see them go. I'm very thankful for the 3 weeks they were able to stay in Raleigh, but as usual I wasn't able to spend as much time with them as I would have liked. For one reason or another, a sore throat and head cold got passed around at my parent's house during their entire visit and despite chugging Airborne and washing my hands constantly I still succumbed to the sickness. There were also a few work days in there, including this week, which happened to be the times when I wasn't feeling crappy. Shocker.

Regardless, I always end up with an overwhelming wave of sadness when it's time to say good bye. My youngest sister has always been my closest female friend, and while we sometimes go a week without talking, it never feels like we miss a day. We have our differences, but as someone who's incredibly antisocial (not to mention lazy when it comes to making new friends) it's always been a blessing to have the kind of relationship we've managed to maintain. Also, I love the hell out of my nephew and can't stand not having him around for months at a time (and my brother-in-law isn't too bad either!). They grow up fast...no joke.

There's also no chance whatsoever that the three of them will ever move back to North Carolina, so until I'm old and gray and my sister has no choice but to be my caregiver there will always be good byes from one end or the other. I won't lie- sometimes I think it would be nice to be a kid again; with no responsibilities, no job to have to maintain, and family all in one place! What can I say? I grew up with a close knit family. There's an actual list of additional reasons why I'm feeling some good bye depression right now, but I'll save everyone the boredom of reading about them (and in the interest of not looking like an emotional loon).

For some pictures from their visit, please go here.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww I love you, too <3 And I guess I get my anti-socialness and slight dislike of women from you. Haha, I guess we have more in common than just our good looks :) At least if Kris gets the job in FL we'll be a lot closer than WA! Fingers crossed. PS: we still expect to see you in September :P

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.