Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Umstead Biking

Today AB and I were both off of work so we decided to head over Umstead and try out my refurbished Trek. It was AB's from many, many years ago and required very little fixing. The last time I rode a bike was, easily, about 15 years ago when I was a freshman at UNCW and rode my bike everywhere. Since then I've ridden for a few minutes here and there but nothing like today. We went to the park with the intent of doing a few miles to break me back into riding. Instead, we read the map wrong and ended up going almost 10 miles over an hour and a half! I won't lie either; Umstead is NOT an easy ride for a "first-timer"- there are a lot of hills and some of those are STEEP! It was definitely a workout so I'm just hoping my legs aren't so sore tomorrow that I can't run. Luckily, I was still able to walk once we dismounted and the weather stayed sunny (although cool) for the entire ride. The nice part was, we managed to exercise together and enjoyed it enough to do it again.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.