Saturday, March 23, 2013

NaBloPoMo Prompt

I have had absolutely nothing to write about for weeks now. I've struggled to come up with something worthwhile for others to read but honestly, I'm falling short repeatedly. I'm not sure if it's this depressing prolonged winter weather following an already pseudo NC winter, or if there's just too many things going on for my brain to simplify itself enough to type out a post. Regardless, I decided I would borrow a March prompt from NaBloPoMo and start with that.

Prompt: Talk about an opportunity you let pass you by

I'm sure I've let quite a few opportunities pass me by, as I tend to be a lazy, unmotivated, procrastinating fool but one opportunity does come to mind. I'm actually not sure if my family knows this even happened, but if not then they will now! During my junior year of college at NCSU I was accepted as an intern for the KEMI program ie the Kentucky Equine Management Internship. I was offered the chance to live on a Thoroughbred farm in Kentucky for 6 months while learning about farm management, in addition to networking for a potential future job. Needless to say, I didn't accept the position; I don't think I even told anyone I was offered the spot. Thinking about it now, I don't remember exactly why I turned the program down, but knowing myself at age 22 it probably had something to do with boys. Sigh. With that being said, the decision is not something I regret. I made the choice that I thought was best for me at the time, and while it might have been life changing, I wouldn't be where I am now had I done things differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.