Saturday, February 2, 2013

Lazy Day Saturday

I woke up at 1:30 pm today. Don't judge, I was wiped out from working the past 3 days (and it was right after having 12 days off- that's my excuse) and apparently needed the sleep. I took Stetson on a walk this afternoon and at some point, he was running around, stumbled, and is now limping. As soon as we got home I gave him a dose of Deramaxx (canine NSAID) in hopes that he just pulled something. I checked his range of motion, squeezed, pulled, examined, etc and he exhibited no other signs of pain. I couldn't find any bleeding or tearing, no cracked toenails, and nothing stuck in between his pads. Needless to say, with his current health issues, my mind automatically goes to bone cancer. PLEASE DON'T LET MY DOG HAVE BONE CANCER! The first symptom is always limping. Fabulous. So I'm trying to keep him still for the next few days in hopes that it's something benign. He's still eating and drinking like normal, which is good because his next chemo treatment is Monday (#3/4). If the limp doesn't clear up by then we'll do an x-ray on his leg but I'm trying to stay positive.

Tonight I started my Couch-2-10K (not 5K, I need to aim high) program on my phone. I hate running; I'm pretty sure anyone who reads this blog has realized that. However, I'm also at the highest weight I have EVER been and I'm team captain for a 5K in April. Given those two points (among many others) I need to get my ass in gear. My sister completed the program back before our Haunted Hustle 5K last October and she did really well with it, so I'm hoping for the same results. I'm starting at the beginning though since I got out of shape so quickly.

I'm pretty sure the rest of the weekend will go about the same- 2 more days of running, some chemo, hopefully a lot of reading, and the now frequent job search.

On a side note- I think I did a really good job eating better this past week. I took turkey on whole grain with lettuce/tomato/avocado and a grapefruit for lunch, and salad in a jar for dinner. I drank more water and for the most part avoided dairy (hoping it will help my acne). I must say- the salad in a jar works well!
Walnuts, cucumbers, a tiny bit of cheese, cranberries, tomatoes, and tuna  with vinaigrette dressing

2 comments:

  1. So do you eat it out of the jar?? Looks like it would be hard to get the stuff at the bottom.

    I hate running, too. But I hope to get back into it, maybe when Laird gets a more regular schedule with daycare. Or when he's willing to suck it up and ride in the stroller for 30 minutes again in the cold rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No you just put it in the jar to store it. I make it the night before and then throw it in my lunchbox the next day. When I get to work I dump it all out on a plate and add the dressing. If you have a taller jar you can put the dressing on the bottom- they'll actually keep for up to a week in the fridge without going brown and mushy.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.