Wednesday, January 30, 2013

13 in 2013 (Late)

Several years ago, I found a post by another blogger that listed the 10 things she wanted to accomplish in 2010 (11 in 2011, etc). I actually skipped 2012, so unfortunately I can't review what I did or did not accomplish. I've also been writing a "Personal Year in Review" post each year in January, however, that one has not made it on here either. I would claim laziness but honestly, it's hard to look back over the past year when I seriously cannot remember what I did 2 weeks ago. My memory is that bad. I probably should be doing something about my horrid memory at such a not-old age but since my family and friends are used to it (and expect it) I just go with it. I'm still shocked I did so well in nursing school; I don't remember a thing from that either. With that all being said, I am still working on my "Personal Year in Review" and below is my 13 in 2013.

  1. Start playing the piano again. I'm pretty sure I said this last year...and the year before. I have my Grandma's old baby grand and it's a beautiful piano. I need to play it more often that just over Christmas.
  2. Get flat abs. I haven't been pregnant- I shouldn't look like it.
  3. Run a 10K. I hate running but I'm a glutton for torturing myself. And damnit running is the THING to be doing these days. I must be a follower!
  4. Travel somewhere new. I should count Whistler but 2 vacations a year never hurt anyone.
  5. Volunteer. I'm thinking our local animal shelter, but I'm concerned I'll want to come home with more animals. Definitely considering it though (volunteering, not adopting).
  6. Learn basic medical Spanish. Because "Tiene dolor?" only gets you just so far.
  7. Decide what I want to do with my life. As in grad school, what kind, what degree, where to go, how to get in. Because I'm not getting any younger.
  8. Start riding horses again. Oh! I've already done that. Unfortunately after my first 2 lessons I may have to wait a few months to continue (long story, uninteresting).
  9. Read more. Working on that (refer to "Books" tab).
  10. Start writing my book. First, I have to decide what to write about, and then remember from day to day to actually work on writing something so that I don't forget what story I want to tell. I think that made sense.
  11. Get better at cooking. First, be able to afford the super-healthy ingredients. I have the cookbooks but that's it.
  12. Pay off 1/2 of my debt (not including student loans and mortgage). This will happen once I increase my salary from a [hopefully] new job.
  13. Try something new. This is a broad statement, mainly because I couldn't think of a 13th item. I will eventually though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.