Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's

Today I spent my afternoon at work and was lucky enough to get to leave early; for whatever reason people are smart enough to not all want surgery over the holidays. That will change soon though; give it a couple of weeks when all the surgeons return from the Cayman Islands. My shift was fairly uneventful, except for the non-patient who projectile vomited right beside me in the cafeteria; talk about an appetite suppressant- I wasn't hungry the rest of the day (anyone surprised? no?).

Anyways, I'm now getting to enjoy my New Year's Eve with a glass of wine, my furbabies, and the TV (AB has to work the night shift). There was one year where I went to a party for NYE but to be honest, it's just not my thing. I prefer drinking on my couch by the fire in my own home. No need to dress up and go out just to spend time in a strange bathroom half the night (peeing, I have a small bladder).

Now that I've deleted my FB as of 30 minutes ago (and backed up all of my pictures) I have a LOT of extra time to do other things, namely clean, read, and plan some healthier meals. I will get more in shape in 2013 damnit! Let's see if this time I make it without being weak (and I'm talking about FB and eating better).

I wish everyone a Happy & Safe New Year's! I guess the Mayans were wrong...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.