Saturday, December 29, 2012

Goals for 2013

I don't really like making resolutions, because I always fail at them; usually within the first month. This year I'm settings goals- things that I want to achieve by the end of the year or manage to consistently do throughout the year. I figure if I put them on my blog I'm held more accountable than when I write it on a sticky note and promptly lose it.

  • Do 1 random act of kindness every week for the entire year (and hopefully record it on this blog so I know I did something)
  • Blog at least 4 times a week. I've had this blog for 4 years and every year I go MIA for months
  • Exercise every single day for a minimum of 30 minutes regardless of the weather, if I'm working or not, or my mood. This doesn't include the 2 walks/day the dogs get. I'm not aiming for weight loss this year but I would LOVE to be more in shape- preferably a 6-pack although even a 2-pack would be fabulous
  • Get back into riding horses and comfortably be jumping 2' by the end of the year (my first lesson is next week so that's a start)
  • Relearn to play "Wedding Day at Trouldhagen" on the piano. It's the last piece I played when taking lessons from my Grandma; it was long and hard so if I can play it again I'm doing well
  • Buy a bike and then start riding it. AB loves mountain biking; I don't think I've even sat on one for several years
  • Visit somewhere tropical...b/c it's time to and my passport never gets used
  • Read at least 1 book a week (and be sure to list it on here for others to try)
  • Pay off the vet credit cards- while this is personal everyone on here knows my dog is being treated for cancer and most people can assume it's not cheap
  • Start writing a book. As a second part to that, write several chapters before giving up and dumping it in the recycle bin. I'm thinking I should participate in NaNoWriMo 2013 in November...
  • Find a job I enjoy (don't laugh, I'm sure it's possible)
  • Do a better job of staying in touch with relatives. How I plan to do that TBD
  • Be done with Facebook...for real this time
There are plenty of other things I need or want to do, but maybe if I aim low[er] I'll actually succeed at most of them. Any support is appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Most of these should be doable :) I didn't know you were starting back on horses. And I want to go somewhere tropical! Would Hawaii count? Though you don't need your passport. Or maybe another cruise? Or just you and me can go, I can leave Laird with mom and dad (haha). And I highly suggest biking. We got a trailer for Christmas so that we can tow Laird along, so hopefully I can get more into that. Yay for goals! I guess I need to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep- AB got me riding lessons for Christmas. Plus a coworker has a horse for me to foxhunt on once I get my riding legs back. Score. And a girl's cruise would be fun- if we stayed above deck and not in the basement of the ship.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.