Saturday, October 6, 2012

Updates & All

It's been a busy week, mainly because I've been working every day while still managing to cook, exercise the pets, run, and get my required 8-9 hours of sleep a night. Yes, I require that much; if I get less my eyes get red, my face swollen, and I trip over my own feet.

So here goes- my updates in bullets:
  • Work actually went smoothly- I don't have any patient stories but it's because I honestly can't remember any. After a while, they all start to blend together.
  • I have not managed to study for the GRE but that's not surprising considering I'm a master procrastinator.
  • I don't think I want to go to grad school - quite yet. Mainly because I really have no clue what I want to do (other than knowing that I don't want to be a nurse forever) and I don't need more student loan debt for something I'm not passionate about. Which leads me to...
  • I've started looking into other RN jobs to apply for in the new year. My contract is up March 1 and I'd like to try something else...something that doesn't require paging doctors that never respond for orders, trying not to spill bedpans, and sucking copious amounts of mucus out of a stranger's mouth.
  • I've got an idea for a new blog- one that will simultaneously fulfill a New Year's Resolution and make me a better person (or at least look like one)- and no, it has nothing to do with looks!
  • I got new boots. That's right- rain/snow boots. My husband has turned me into a North Face whore (I never used to buy NF- too expensive) and now I'm in love with pretty much everything they make. I will be taking these to Seattle next week:
  • As mentioned previously, I get to spend some time with my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew next week (this also means I get a break from work...double awesome)
  • I'm up to 3.2 miles of running; not every time but I can manage it...which is good because the costume 5K is next week (stay tuned for the absurd candy my sister managed to get me to agree to dress up as)
  • I purchased a Living Social deal for a box of fresh produce from a local delivery company, DoorStep Produce and it was well worth it. I chose the Fruit & Salad box and ended up with a hearty serving of fresh turnip greens, pears, apples, onions, tomatoes, green/red/orange peppers, cucumbers, squash, and zucchini.
  • This evening I wanted to finish up the veggies from above mentioned salad box so I cut up the onions, tomatoes, zucchini, squash, and peppers, coated them with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and had AB toss them on the grill. I also cooked some 3 cheese tortellini with Ragu sauce and it made for a filling dinner (followed by the fabulous Apples & Pears Foster).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.