Monday, October 1, 2012

Hearty Crockpot Potato Soup

I've been stalking Pinterest for months now, and recently I actually started trying things I discovered on there. One thing I've never been much of is a cook, but being married to someone who can cook has made me want to contribute at least partially. Yesterday I got the urge to try this crockpot potato soup and needless to say, I (nor AB) was disappointed. For the most part I followed the recipe, but since I love veggies I had to add a little extra in. If you decide to try this recipe make sure you have a LARGE crockpot- it filled mine up and we have leftovers for days.

Recipe:
  • 6 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes- ~2.5lbs
  • 2 medium onions, diced
  • 3 carrots, thinly sliced
  • 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced
  • 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
  • 2 teaspoons dried basil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups half-and-half (I used regular, the recipe calls for fat-free)
  1. Combine first 8 ingredients in slow cooker, and cook on HIGH for 3 hrs or until veggies are tender
  2. Combine flour and half-and-half then pour into slow cooker
  3. Cover and cook for 30 more minutes or until soup is hot 
  4. Pour soup into bread bowls (we got ours from Panera and they were awesome)
First 8 ingredients in slow cooker

Flour and half-and-half added
Bread bowls
Final product


1 comment:

  1. I will have the potato soup tomight- looking forward to it.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.