Monday, September 3, 2012

Protein Packed Salad

Despite still have a massive amount of eggplant lasagna leftover from the other night, I decided to throw together a salad for dinner. I had AB grill while I did the cutting indoors. This salad is super-tasty and chocked full of protein. I would link the recipe I used but I honestly just threw together a bunch of stuff (and a friend of my parent's used to make something similar to this).

Ingredients (for 3-4 servings):
  • 4 pieces of corn-on-the-cob, grilled with butter
  • 1 avocado
  • 2 pieces of chicken breast grilled
  • 1 can of black beans
  • Handful fresh cilantro
  • Cherry tomatoes
  • Olive oil
  • Salt and pepper
What I Did:
  • Grill corn on the cob and chicken- AB seasoned the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder
  • Rinse black beans and strain
  • Chop cherry tomatoes in 2-3 slices each
  • Put black beans and tomatoes in bowl, toss in some olive oil (enough to coat everything), and salt and pepper to taste
  • Finely chop cilantro and stir in
  • Once corn and chicken is grilled, cut the kernels off the cobs and chop the chicken into small pieces
  • Toss corn kernels and chicken in with beans/tomatoes
  • At the very end, cut the avocado into small pieces and stir in with everything else
I prefer to add the chicken and avocado right before I eat the salad, but everything else can be stored in the fridge (I don't like the stink of chicken or my avocados to get brown).
AB bought some pineapple today- he loves his pineapple...
Earlier this morning I drove out to my parent's house and snapped a picture of their Koi. The white one is HUGE (probably the length of my 18lb cat)...
In the last post I mentioned starting the dogs on Adequan today; that didn't happen. The vet was closed and apparently the girl that made my appointment forgot that. I will try again tomorrow before work! Lastly (is that a word?) AB bought a chess set and I survived my first game...and I liked it! Who would have thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.