Monday, September 3, 2012

Cookies and Cheesecake

AB and I have been craving cheesecake for almost a week now, so yesterday I did a Google search for "mini cheesecake recipes" and found one for cookies and cream cheesecake. Yum. I went and grabbed the ingredients from the store, came home, and got baking (but only after I made some more kale chips, which of course my husband refuses to try because of the smell). The recipe was very easy, and the cheesecakes are wonderful. They're even better today after sitting in the fridge all night than they were yesterday.

Ingredients:
  • A bag of Oreos (because they're better than the cheap sandwich cookies)
  • 1lb cream cheese at room temp
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
Preheat oven to 275. Line muffin tray with liners (I used foil) and put an Oreo in the bottom of each one
Beat the cream cheese with a mixer until smooth (so it REALLY needs to be at room temp) and then slowly add sugar, vanilla, eggs, sour cream, and salt. Once that's mixed, crush up some Oreos (I used around 10) and fold them into the mixture (not using the beater)
Fill each muffin cup with batter- I did all the way to the top- then pop in the over for 20 minutes
Once done, remove, let cool, and then stick in fridge. The longer they cool the better they get; it gives the bottom oreo time to soften up a little. Enjoy!
They were definitely a success- I think AB ate 3-4 before bed last night.

Next up on the attempt to be creative, I'm going to try an artsy-type project I found on Pinterest. I went to Michael's and bought the paints and canvases so I'll do an update once I get that done.

In a little while I'm headed to the vet to get the dogs started on Adequan; it's supposed to work wonders for arthritis and with both of the dogs getting old I don't want to wait until they're really uncomfortable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.