Sunday, September 9, 2012

1 Year Anniversary

Although tomorrow is our actual 1 year anniversary, AB and I decided to go ahead and celebrate this weekend since we're both off of work. Last night we went to his parent's house and were treated to steak, baked potato, salad, and homemade peach cobbler. His mom made us a gorgeous quilt and shams for our bedroom which I promptly came home and put on the bed.
This evening we ordered take out sushi since our first date ever was at a sushi restaurant in Denver. The 1 year anniversary is a "paper" one so we bought each other a magazine subscription; I know, very original! We also thawed out our leftover wedding cake from last year- my cousin had baked us a mimosa cake and it survived the freezing surprisingly well. I doubt the ENTIRE thing will get eaten but we're definitely enjoying a few slices.

As for the running, I've been having a LOT of trouble breathing while running. I've tried slowing down (and I already run really slowly), breathing on different foot strokes, AB's inhaler- everything. A friend of mine mentioned trying more cardio exercises because my body may just be too out of shape so I've added in more power walking and elliptical. I've also been reading about target heart rates and needless to say, my heart rate has been in the 180's even with moderate exercise (which is too high for what I'm doing). I'm going to try increasing my cardio for a few more weeks, but if the HR doesn't lower then I may have to go see a doctor. My sister has been doing awesome with her 5K training program so I need to get my butt in shape before she smokes me at the run in October!

1 comment:

  1. I've never checked my HR during the running, but I'm sure it's up there (similar to yours). And I don't breathe so hot either, but I suck it up. I've been told by 2 military doctors that I have asthma, I just don't have an inhaler (maybe I should get one?). I ran 2 miles yesterday (20 minutes) and totally should've taken today off; I about died!

    The cake and the quilt/shams look good. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.