Saturday, August 25, 2012

Whole 30 Update

So...the Whole 30 for me ended up being a fail. I know, I know, I'm such a quitter. Days 1 & 2 went okay but by Day 3 I was so exhausted that I was dragging my way through work. I got a full 9 hours of sleep Wednesday night and by Thursday morning I thought I was dying. At no point did I really have any cravings, and as someone in the medical field I completely understand that my body was just reacting to the lack of sugar and carbs, but it was getting to be too much. Several of my coworkers on Thursday asked me if I was okay and I was informed that my face was puffy and my eyes red and squinty. I figured "Okay, I can do this" anyways. Friday morning I was even more exhausted and decided that I actually couldn't do it anymore.

Based on the book I know the exhaustion was supposed to improve but I hadn't run in over a week, my dogs were getting gypped on their daily walks, and all I could think about was my bed. To add to the frustration, I gained 2 pounds during the week. Yesterday evening I decided to treat myself to a Gigi's cupcake and this morning I was 2 pounds lighter. Go figure. I still recommend this program for anyone that wants to clean out their system- and I fully intend on staying away from dairy and white flour/processed foods as much as possible (aside from Gigi's) from this point on- but my body and my mind needs energy and I need to run! I have a 5k in October and I don't need my non-running sister whooping my butt.

Today I woke up early (for a Saturday) and headed to my 4th laser hair removal appointment. I've been getting good results in some areas and crappy results in other areas (they use 2 different lasers) so when I told the woman today she didn't hesitate to blast it all super-strength. For anyone considering having it done, it DOES work and I would highly suggest Katie at Wake Health Medical Group in Raleigh, NC. It's not the most comfortable thing (I have to hold a stress ball and I repeatedly jump off the table) but it beats waxing every month.

Most of the afternoon has been spent watching LOST reruns with my husband and...he managed to get my computer working! Yay! I almost bought a new one last night but I'm glad I didn't. It's missing a lot of programs now but he managed to restore it to an earlier date and so far, so good. I hope to get lake pictures on here shortly.

This evening I decided to cook dinner rather than go anywhere to eat. I still had a load of veggies in the fridge from Earth Fare last week so I sauteed those, dumped in some pasta sauce, and made a half/half mixture of whole grain penne and regular (my husband refuses to eat all whole grain so we have to compromise some). It ended up being chunky and yummy. Of course I had to add in a Hell's Belle beer from Big Boss Brewing (we had this same beer at our wedding) because I do love my drinks. Tomorrow I will start back with the running (cross fingers) so I don't get too far behind.

Our compromise

Squash, zucchini, onions, and red peppers in olive oil with salt/pepper

The mixture with some turkey meat balls

Best beer ever aside from Newcastle and Blue Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.