Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Whole 30 Day 2

I feel exhausted! Tuesday is one of my scheduled running days and I literally could not get out of bed this morning to exercise. I thought I slept decently well but my energy is completely zapped. I realize this is probably due to my body being denied it's limitless amounts of sugar and cupcakes but I'm hoping it passes sooner rather than later. I hit the snooze button on my alarm from 6:30am-7:50am. Fail!

I have been eating better than usual, and sticking to the guidelines for the Whole 30 Program. Since I prefer to pack my 2 meals/day for work, I've been taking the easy road and making salads the past 2 days. I don't want to over-do them, but considering I don't like salads they've been rather tasty (and filling). I've been using organic greens, grilled chicken breast, avocado, tomatoes, cucumbers, Fiji apples, and olive oil/vinegar dressing.
My husband was nice enough to slow-cook me some chili today while I was at work. He managed to leave the beans and potatoes out that he loves so much so that I don't cheat any on the program. I believe he ended up using ground turkey, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, cabbage, and peppers but I can't say what the seasoning is (mainly because I know nothing about cooking). I had a small bowl when I got home and it was fabulous; I think it will make a good meal for work the next few days.

I definitely plan on sticking with the program the entire 30 days but I'm crossing my fingers that the energy levels increase. I'm training for the 5K in October with my sister and I don't want to be dragging behind.

Random thing: someone gave me an orchid about 5 years ago and it never bloomed again after that year...until AB managed to get it to last week. He's very proud of himself.



1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.