Monday, August 20, 2012

Whole 30 Day 1

Today began my attempt to complete "The Whole 30 Program" in hopes of getting some more energy and clearing my skin up a bit. I did have a headache most of the day (totally missed my Starbucks macchiato) but I wasn't starving by any means. I woke up late so I only had time to grab some eggs and fruit, but for lunch and dinner (hey, it's hard to pack lunch sometimes) I made myself salads with organic greens, grilled chicken, avocado, cucumbers, tomatoes, Fuji apples, and oil/vinegar dressing. I'm not a big salad person but these were pretty good!

I fully intend on getting some "before" photos, but since AB really wanted to watch "The Hunger Games" after I got off work, the picture taking will have to wait.

As for my goals while on the program:
  • Get more energy
  • Sleep better
  • Wake up easier
  • Improve my running time and distance
  • Get rid of random aches and pains
  • Clear up acne
  • Lose a few pounds
My starting stats:
  • Weight: 161.5
  • Measurements: 39-32-39 (gasp)
  • Sleep 7-9 hours a night but hit the snooze button 10 times and am still tired all day
  • Hormonal acne on cheeks and chin
  • 13+ min/mile running; max distance so far 1.7 miles
  • Random aches and pains, especially in my back and knees

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on your program. Can you tell me a little more about it? Sounds so interesting - maybe I should join you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, hey! At least you're proportionate :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evalina- The idea is to cut out all dairy, grains, sugar, and alcohol for 30 days to give your body time to "detox" from it. According to the authors, those foods have a tendency to cause chronic inflammation, issues with hormone levels, energy levels, and appetite in addition to making skin duller and more acne prone. At the end of the 30 days you add in 1 food group to see if things are still better or if they get worse; if they get worse (loss of energy, acne, etc) then you know your body doesn't do well eating that type of food. Whole 30 is based on Paleo-style eating, which can be a lifestyle change, but is definitely not for everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.