Sunday, August 5, 2012

Southern Rock and Bridal Showers

Last night AB and I went to the Lynyrd Skynyrd/Allman Brothers concert and it was a really fun time. AB bought us VIP tickets so we got to park right outside the gate, had full access to the VIP lounge and restrooms, and once seated, had a waitress to bring us food and drinks. As always, the music was good; Skynyrd played all 3 of my favorite songs and AB got to jam out to Allman Bros.

This afternoon I went to a bridal shower for one of my coworkers; food was fabulous, company was entertaining, and I got to pat myself on the back for being social with people (I have a slight problem with being antisocial...actually, not so much a problem for me but it always seems to be for others!). Later today AB and I are taking the dogs to Umstead for a hike and then I need to get my Sunday run in. My sister signed up for a 5K the week I'm in Washington so now I have even more motivation.

My personal favorite: Skynyrd
1 of my 3 favorite songs: "Simple Man" which they dedicated to the troops
Another favorite: "Sweet Home Alabama"
No Skynyrd concert is complete without an encore of "Free Bird"
Allman Brothers came out next...AB was very excited (dark I know- Smart Phones don't take good pictures at night)...


Being a happy couple around a bunch of drunken rednecks :-)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.