Monday, August 13, 2012

Lake Pictures

I'm stealing my husband's computer right now because my Dell has officially died. I'm not actually sure how to upload my camera's pictures on here but I did manage to get some of the ones from my iPhone.
Stetson looking out over the lake

Water almost glass-like

Cousins Baer and Bella

Kid overboard (on purpose)

I created something out of Lego's- now I want more

Blands on a boat

Sunset and perfect water
While we were gone our pet sitter from Raleighwood Pet Sitting came to take care of our cat Indy and I can't say enough good things about her. When we originally requested a pet sitter from them, the owner matched us to a woman that lives fairly nearby and she is awesome. For what we pay (which is crazy reasonable) she not only feeds, scoops the litter box, and refreshes the water but she also takes out all trash, wipes down counters, puts away dishes, waters plants, brings in the mail, plays with Indy, feeds the fish, and does a few other random helpful things which she details in a list that she writes out for every day she comes. I can't stress how nice it is to come home from vacation and have everything in order!

An update on running- I didn't actually do any over the weekend. I took my running clothes and shoes and even set my alarm on Sunday morning to get up before the heat got to bad, but after getting very little sleep Saturday night I just couldn't bring myself to do it (AC quit working, AB was snoring like a freight train, and my dog was being a spaz). Tomorrow I'm back to my regular schedule so I should be able to stay on track for some upcoming 5K's.

Also, our snail Thud likes to play dead. I think he may actually be dead this time (he seems to be hanging out of the shell more than usual) but he floats, sinks, and sticks to the filter in all sorts of weird positions for endless amounts of time. I'm glad we always wait a few days before burying him because one minute he's playing possum and the next he's booking it across the gravel. He does seem rather...not alive this time...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing pictures and stories. Your snail is a real drama queen.

    Evalina, This and that...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.