A few random things:
- I love when a patient says "Dude, I feel stoned as hell" followed by a short pause, followed by "I mean, I don't know what that feels like b/c I would never smoke weed but I can totally imagine this is what it would feel like". Ha. We all know the truth. And it's usually the younger guys that say it.
- Today didn't suck half as much as most of my other days recently...until my manager came to me on her way out and told me we needed to talk tomorrow. Fabulous. Now what??? The only times she asks me to come to her office is when I'm about to get lectured for something. I don't think I'm going to ask her to be a job reference.
- I started a social committee at work in June and today I dissolved (ie scrapped) said social committee. It seems everyone wants to be social but not enough to do any work to plan something. I love the utter lack of staff retention in our unit and now understand it's because we have no managerial support and totally unmotivated volunteers. I'm still putting it on my resume.
- "Grimm" comes back in 5 days- super excited.
- I'm currently reading 2 books: "The Witch is Back" by HP Mallory and "The Clear Skin Diet" by Alan Logan. I'm enjoying both; I've read all of HP Mallory's other "supernatural" series and I'm fascinated that cutting out milk and sugar may help my hormonal adult acne. After these, I will attempt the first of the dragon tattoo books.