Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Weekend

Okay, so I failed on posting every day. I just don't have that much to say after I'm done running my mouth all day at work. This weekend was quite pleasant; Friday night AB and I took the dogs up to Kerr Lake where we spent most of Saturday with his parents. AB worked on the boat, his dad was installing a dishwasher, and I had some time to hang out with his mom. She made homemade peanut butter cookies and after the 12th one I finally had to walk away. I love peanut butter anything.

We came back to Raleigh Saturday night and this morning we went out to mom and dad's for Easter lunch and to celebrate my dad and uncle's birthdays. I attempted to re-create the carrot cake my cousin made for my wedding- and although hers was better I think mine tasted rather good. It's one of the only things I have ever baked from scratch- including the icing; I even grated the carrots. Yay me. One of the best things about family get together's is we start our day with mimosa's, move to wine for lunch, and then mint julep's for late afternoon (although, not really a fan of whiskey so in the future those can be replaced with mojito's). I swear we're not alcoholics.

AB, the dogs, and I got home a little while ago. He's been fiddling with the boat trailer and I finally went running outside. I discovered that running on the treadmill is way easier than running outdoors, and by using the treadmill all the time I have screwed myself. I have a 5k in 2 weeks and I am the captain of the team. Fail. The next 2 weeks are going to involve a LOT of re-training. And no alcohol or cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.