Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas

Christmas ended up going very well, despite the fact that it never really felt like Christmas! Alister and I exchanged gifts on Saturdy because he had to work the night shift Christmas Eve. After he went to work my parents, Sam, and my aunt and uncle came over to enjoy some chocolate fondue, eggnog drinks, and the game Apples to Apples. I went to bed fairly early since I had to be up at 6 Christmas Day for work. Surprisingly Christmas at work went well. We had just enough surgeries to stay busy, but not so busy that it was miserable. There were only 4 nurses on staff so we were limited anyways. One of the nurses brought homemade spaghetti and sauce so it was nice to have some food to eat during the shift. Christmas night Alister and I packed up the dogs and headed to my parents house for the evening. We opened more gifts, had some awesome rib roast and mashed potatoes, and spent some quality family time together. This morning we enjoyed some breakfast casserole and mimosa's, and except for the bloodhound running away for several hours we've had a relaxing day today also. I'm headed to the mall (Gasp) with my mom and aunt in a few minutes, and Alister is headed back home to play his drums. We both return to work tomorrow, but at least we had a good little vacation time.

I apologize if this post is written weird- I'm trying to type it on the new blue tooth keyboard that goes with my tablet and it's a different experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.