Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Annoyance

Disclaimer: This is the kind of post I write when I have extra time on my hands and spend way too much time driving and contemplating stupid shit.

So I've always liked Adele's song "Rolling in the Deep"- loved it for a while actually. AB told me months ago that he heard she wrote her entire album in a hotel room after she got dumped. Since then the radio station I listen to in the morning has been playing another one of her songs, "Someone Like You". I hate that song. You would think I could change the station when it comes on, but I hate it so much I end up listening to it...and hating it more. Why? Because it makes this awesome singer sound like a desperate, pathetic, obsessed, stalker-like woman and I hate when women make my sex look weaker than they already are (just saying). If you haven't heard the song, here are some of the lyrics- which are brief because she sings the same thing OVER and OVER again:
  • I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited
    But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it.
    I had hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded
    That for me it isn't over.
    Okay, who the hell shows up at their now-married ex's house in hopes that they will remember that you really are pathetic?
  • Never mind, I'll find someone like you

    I wish nothing but the best for you too
    Don't forget me, I beg
    Why would you want to find someone LIKE the one that dumped your ass? Maybe it's a sign that someone LIKE him is not the right one for you...maybe? And begging the guy not to forget you when he's now happily married? I don't think he gave a second thought about you until you started making songs about him.
Now I realize how bad this sounds complaining about a stupid song that no one is forcing me to listen to, but I figured I'd share the thoughts going through my head on my daily drive. I really need to just switch the station. And I'm not bubbling with madness under the surface (I swear)- I just don't like pathetic women.

Other random thought: I walk stupider when someone is watching me. I don't know why and I can't seem to walk normally once I realize I'm doing it.

I also realize that this post has horrible grammar. In my defense (b/c I'm usually anal about bad grammar and spelling) it's been a long week and it's only Tuesday. Yesterday I was pooped and puked on and today patients were yanking out arterial lines and bathing themselves in sprays of blood. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. so in other words....Adele is a nutbag who is obsessed with her ex. I think a lot of female songers are like that.

    and I walk stupider, too. I don't know why. I'm also more likely to trip.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.