Friday, October 7, 2011

A Prompt

Talk about one important thing that happened between last Friday and today.


Now see that's a hard one, because my memory is crap and I genuinely have trouble remembering what I did a few days ago. That being said, I obviously have to come up with something. Okay, we'll go with taking the boats out of the lake last weekend. That seems like it would be something small and insignificant, but it pretty much symbolized the end of boating season. Which is depressing. Because I love boating. We didn't do as much this summer because we were working so much and worrying about the wedding, so it's super depressing because summer passed us right by. I know there's always next summer, but one thing I've learned while working at the hospital is that you never know when the end will come. There's no guarantee that I will even be around next summer (not to be morbid or anything) so it's always sad to see the end of a season and hobby that I enjoy. On the other hand, I feel guilty that my important event was taking boats out of the water. Some people would be able to say that they found out their cancer is in remission or that their fetus is perfectly healthy. I'm selfish and egotistic though so I'm going with boating.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad yours was boating though because (a) I don't want you to have cancer in the first place, so then I wouldn't have to worry about it going into remission...and(b) having a healthy fetus would mean that you'd have to be prego, so...I'm fine with boating!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.