Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fall

I'm generally a warm weather kind of person, but there are a few things I love about the fall:
  • Everything pumpkin- pumpkin lattes, pumpkin bread, pumpkin ale, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cakes, pumpkin candles, and on and on
  • A lit fireplace; provides such a relaxing ambiance...yes, I used the word ambiance
  • The leaves changing colors- especially in the mountains. These days it seems to happen in a weekend though so you have to be quick to catch them
  • Fresh apple cider and red apples from the Appalachian mountains
  • Halloween and Halloween decorations- Alister makes fun of me b/c I have boxes of them but I always want to buy more
  • Thanksgiving- always a good time to spend with family, eat too much, and sleep too much
  • Hiking and camping in the mountains- I grew up doing both but haven't been in a long time. A and I are going backpacking in a few weeks so that should be an experience to say the least
  • Wearing pants and long sleeves without getting funny looks; the funny looks are b/c I wear the same thing in the middle of the summer too
  • Shorter days and longer nights- more excuse to sleep longer. I love sleep
  • Best of all- it means Christmas is right around the corner

1 comment:

  1. have you tried the pumpkin scones from Starbucks?? those are pretty good. and our leaves are changing out here. you could come out here! we could go see Mt. Rainier. ooh apple cider, I want some. not a fan of Halloween decorations, though...more so just FALL in general. and I do like wearing pants and long sleeves. Even Laird is wearing pants and long sleeves.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.