Monday, October 17, 2011

Camping

AB and I had an enjoyable time camping over the weekend. Rather than backpacking (long story) we ended up getting a campsite (the last one available actually) at Mt. Pisgah. I had been there before with my family many years ago so I didn't remember much, but it was a nice place. The bathrooms were even heated- I seriously comtemplated sleeping in there at night. The trip was also a learning experience; we learned not to pack for a camping trip the morning of! Needless to say we forgot some things and had some issues but all-in-all it was okay. I wish we had packed more blankets for the evenings more than anything- the dogs and I literally shivered all night long both nights (hence the wanting to sleep in the bathroom).

We got some good hiking in both days- Saturday we hiked around Flat Laurel Creek which was a 4-5 mile trail, and then Sunday we hiked around Graveyard Fields (maybe 2-3 miles). Both of us are a bit out of shape, so we didn't do as much as I would have liked, but it was a good workout for us and our aging dogs. On the way home Sunday we stopped in Winston Salem and had a good little visit with my aunt and uncle; it's nice getting to see family b/c it seems to happen so rarely unless some kind of big event happens.

Today I had an appointment with my new primary physician- the first one I've had since I was on my parent's insurance (I feel like a big girl now!)- and got my permanent crown put on. I'm convinced my teeth are now crooked but at least it doesn't hurt. Tomorrow it's back to work but I admit, having a day off in between camping and work is a blessing.













1 comment:

  1. Good pictures! I especially like the one of Stetson in front of the fence-- he looks especially fluffy.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.