Monday, September 12, 2011

Big Day

So last Saturday I finally bit the bullet and got hitched. It ended up being an awesome weekend as a whole and as far as I know, everyone involved had a lot of fun. I was surprisingly unstressed compared to what I usually am when anything is going on, so that definitely made things more enjoyable. My sister and family/friends threw me a bachelorette party Thursday night at Sparians Bowling. We had our own 4 lanes separated from the rest of the alley in addition to couches, flat screen TV's, a buffet, and a waitress to bring us drinks. It was really fun considering I never go bowling!

Friday morning family started arriving and helped us set up chairs, tables, and decorations. If it weren't for my family I don't know what we would have done- they made everything possible (and beautiful). Friday afternoon we ran through a rehearsal and enjoyed dinner at an Asian-fare restaurant that evening. Afterwards two of my bridesmaids and I were talked into going out drinking with Alister and the groomsmen and needless to say, I drank like I was 21 again. Luckily I don't get hungover easily so Saturday morning wasn't too bad.

All day Saturday was spent getting ready for the wedding and at 4pm we got it done! The ceremony went smoothly although I did have trouble keeping a straight face. The reception was great- it was a little hot and muggy but thankfully no rain. We had a good photographer and pictures were all finished quickly. I'm looking forward to seeing the results in a few weeks. Everything else went well- my dad and uncles cooked some awesome BBQ, my friend that bartended charmed everyone, the DJ played great music and got everyone dancing, the caterers were fabulous, and our officiant (Alister's aunt) did an awesome job. My cousin Kathy made the most beautiful, yummy cakes possible and I know everyone enjoyed looking at and eating both of them.

Sunday we tried to sleep in but around lunch I headed out to my parents' house in hopes of assisting in cleanup; of course the family had already congregated and done it all. I was dead tired but managed to play some corn hole with my uncle and sister, and eat a lot of the food that I didn't have the appetite to on Saturday. Alister came out and we packed up as much of the wedding stuff as we could before heading back home to spend a few hours with one of his out-of-town groomsmen.

I return to work in 2 days, and while I'm not looking forward to the real world again, I am looking forward to paying my bills. I'll get some pictures posted up here as soon as I get copies.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud to be a part of this AWESOME family! That was the BEST party ever!!!!
    Love you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.