Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sad day

Today was another one of those days that reminds you that things could ALWAYS be worse. It was also a good reminder of why I don't say "FML" anymore...b/c really? My life is pretty damn good compared to what others are having to live though. I had a patient today- awesome personality- who found out they had stage 4 cancer with no family history of cancer OR any risk factors for it. During surgery they discovered it had spread to the brain and there was nothing they could do. The family was torn up as was the patient, and the patient was in their 40's. Needless to say it was a sad day for many people. To me, something like THAT is heartbreaking (kind of like animal abuse); breaking up with your boyfriend is not.

Random prompt: Do you like your name? I do. I've had 31 years to get used to it and I wouldn't change it for anything.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.