Friday, June 10, 2011

Peeves...more?

I can't help it, I have a lot of pet peeves. Most of the time I just accept them but sometimes they excessively get on my last nerve. Two of the most recent? Drivers who SLAM on the brakes on the highway for NO reason, and by no reason I mean there is NOTHING anywhere in front of them- cars, animals, people, tire parts, etc. In honor of restless leg syndrome and shift work sleep disorder, I shall call it spastic brake foot disorder. Now if someone could come up with a treatment we'd be good to go.

The other? People who like to have conversations with you from 6 INCHES away. Personal space people- I have a bubble and so should you. I should not be able to see your pores or the tartar between your teeth unless we're about to play kissy face...and even then the tartar should be absent. That being said- I found myself backing around corners a lot at work today to avoid having a fellow [well-meaning] co-worker in my face hardcore. I think she just likes being close during conversations; I, on the other hand, have never felt the need to be thisclose to someone I've just met.

Random prompt: How do you feel about the name given to you at birth? I love it. There were times when I wasn't fond of my middle name- which is truly a "family name"- but I adjusted early in my 20's and have since been very possessive of it. I long ago learned to ignore the jokes about my last name...so much so that I won't be changing a letter when I get married. I was born with this name, have lived 30+ years with this name, and intend on dying with this name!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.