Saturday, June 11, 2011

Favorites

Since I spent the last post bitching about things, I've decided to do a positive post on my favorite things...and not just material items. Those that know me know I like lists, so here goes:
  • Warm weather
  • Greenery...and the color green
  • Butternut squash, oysters, sushi, pizza, steak, cheese, berries, and snow crab legs. Not necessarily eaten together
  • Champagne, moscato wine, and gin & tonic's
  • Seeing new places
  • Good hair days
  • Movies made from books that stay true to the books
  • Harry Potter
  • Getting 32mpg (not on the Tahoe sadly)
  • Cruising on a boat
  • Not crashing into the water face first when I wakeboard
  • Friendly patients
  • My pets...behaving
  • Books with well-written characters that are part of a series
  • Naps
  • Planes that take-off and arrive when the itinerary says they will
  • Bojangles chicken
  • Amazon.com
  • Those rare stress-free moments
  • A sundress that is flattering
  • Flip flops
  • Thunderstorms sans tornadoes
  • Not driving
  • Songs sung by men (I can't help it)
  • Pumpkin spice scented candles
  • Christmastime
  • Family reunions
  • Flintstones vitamins
  • Not having a black cloud over my head at work
  • Foot, hands, and head massages
  • Pepperidge Farm 3 layer cakes from the freezer section
  • Cantering on horseback across an open field
  • Fall leaves in the mountains
  • Good health insurance
  • Straight white teeth
  • "Boobs McMoobs"
  • Funny people
  • Sandpaper toilet tissue ie Scottissue
  • Celebrity gossip magazines
  • "How I Met Your Mother"...and the fact that I think the same episodes are funny every time I watch them
Okay, I could probably go on longer but I need to get some yardwork and laundry done. Why is it that days off from work never end up being days off?

Random prompt: Is there anyone in your family who is currently in the military? Tell us about them. My BIL is currently serving in the Army, although they're putting him through so much training that he has yet to use any of the 5,000 skills that he's had to master since joining. He's a great brother, currently my only brother (but that's besides the point), and he takes amazing care of my hard-to-please, demanding, spoiled sister (love her dearly) and her new baby/my first nephew/Fishtank. He's a little skinny at times, and he does like to sport some daisy dukes at awkward moments, but I'd trust him with my life in a second and I'm incredibly proud of him for everything he does. That and I'm his favorite sister. Just saying.

1 comment:

  1. "hard-to-please, demanding, spoiled sister" my ass :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.