Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Brief Updates

I haven't been in the mood to write anything recently (sorry!) so here are just a few brief updates from my last actual post (2/2):
  • I ended up spending all day last Thursday (2/10) in the ED with Alister; ends up he broke his neck (C7) rather than just having muscle spasms. Note to self: in the future do not go to an Urgent Care for urgent issues. He's okay- just has a lot of medication for pain. I don't think it's going to stop him from skiing off of cliffs in the future though.
  • Went to Raleigh for Alex and Kris' going away dinner on Saturday (2/12) and enjoyed seeing them along with immediate family and a few aunts/uncles (who weren't able to make it to the baby shower).
  • Last Sunday (2/13) woke up to homemade Eggs Benedict and Mimosa's at my parent's house and then had a great dinner with Alister and his parents.
  • Spent Valentine's Day shooting skeet at Drake's Landing with Kris and then that evening went out to eat at McCormick & Schmick's with Kris, Alex, and Alister. The food was fabulous; best stuffed salmon I think I've ever had in addition to the amazing oysters, seafood dip, and fried green tomatoes!
  • Tuesday (2/15) morning Alex and Kris left for Washington; it was sad to see them (and Baby Fetus) go but I'm excited for them too. I'm also LOADS jealous that they managed to escape NC before me!
  • Tuesday afternoon I drove over to Duke, took my drug test, had my PPD done, got fit-tested for a respirator, had my FSBS and cholesterol checked, and then had lunch with some former co-workers before heading back to Greenville (boo).
  • Today I accomplished absolutely nothing other than grocery shopping so I don't even have to aim high for tomorrow in order to get more done!
  • I'm currently reading "World Without Us" and "Dead in the Family" and am thoroughly enjoying not having to read nursing books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.