Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekend

Over the weekend my sister, brother-in-law, and future godfather to Baby Fetus came to visit. It was an enjoyable weekend filled with too much eating and lots of movie watching. My sister and BIL treated me to a relaxation massage on Saturday and it was, hands down, the best massage ever. The last massage I received was on the cruise ship last spring and the girl just did a lazy half-ass job. Prior to that I went for a massage at student health after my car accident. Huge mistake. The guy had poofy hair, bad breath, and a lazy eye...and he creeped me out (I don't even want to re-live it enough to write about it). I couldn't believe how much I just wanted to climb off the table, run out, and shower for hours. Regardless, this one was awesome and I'm incredibly thankful to them for getting me one.

We also watched quite a few movies (hey, we're couch potatoes). Among those: "Grown-Ups" (great movie although not as funny as expected based on the previews), "Salt" (very enjoyable action movie with Angelina Jolie), "A-Team" (have seen it before but loved it enough to watch it again), "Eat Pray Love" (I hated the book but gave the movie a chance...it left much to be desired), and "Piranhas" (the name itself should say it all...if not, well, I can't believe people are able to make shit that bad anymore).

There was also a decent amount of pizza, sausage dip, and sushi consumed...all of which are awesome foods and so bad for my Weight Watchers program. At least I stick to it 75% of the time! Anyways, I had a good time with some of my favorite people and was glad I got to spend time with Alex and Kris before they move cross-country.

Tomorrow I'm headed to Raleigh followed by Winston Salem and then Nashville (unless there are massive amounts of snowfall occurring). It will be nice to get out of the house for a little while because being unemployed has it's downfalls...one of which is boredom. I actually prefer to work; who would have thought? After my short trip I'm  going to attempt to clean out my house and de-clutter my life. Key word is attempt. We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.