Thursday, January 6, 2011

Regression and stuff

Yesterday I decided to be 16 again. Unfortunately, I couldn't do anything about regressing to my 16 year old body (minus the acne) but I did take some time to enjoy some of the things I did back in high school...namely watch silly teen movies and play video games. I was supposed to be at a review for my nursing boards, but we took a "predictor" exam at the end of last semester and it determined that my chance of passing is 99%. With only 1% against me I made the executive decision to do most of my studying at home. I did not do any of that studying yesterday however.

Instead, I watched the movie "Vampires Suck". I didn't know if it really would suck, like a lot of those spoof films do, or if it may actually be funny as the previews seemed to lead me to believe. I laughed my ass off. I am not a fan of the Twilight movies (although I do enjoy the books) b/c the acting, to me, is horrible and it's overfilled with angsty teenage drama...with some blood sucking thrown in. Needless to say, "Vampires Suck" did an awesome job of mocking the hell out of the Twilight films.
After watching the movie, Alister and I decided to play Super Mario Bros. on the Wii. A friend of mine from nursing school lended it to me and it reminds me of how much I enjoyed playing Mario on everything from the original Nintendo up through Nintendo 64 (what can I say? I've always liked video games). We spent HOURS trying to beat the various boards and worlds and had a lot of fun and laughs doing so.
Today I actually got up and went to my NCLEX review class...or part of it. I can't help it; I sat through 2 1/2 hours only to have our instructor (who really is a very smart woman) only go through 24 sample questions. I can answer about 200 sample questions on my own at home. So...I snuck out (with others), ran some errands, and am now taking a brief break before jumping back in to even more practice questions. I cannot wait for this all to be over!

Tomorrow I'm heading to Raleigh...again...to help throw my sister a baby shower. Although she's not due for several more months, we originally thought her and my BIL would be stationed across the country soon. Luckily, they'll be here past her due date but the shower had already been planned. It should be a good time with ~40 guests. Yes, that's right- largest unisex baby shower I've ever heard of. Pictures to follow early next week.

She makes a very cute pregnant woman. :-)

2 comments:

  1. 2 degrees and you use "lended"??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did! I have a small arsenal of pseudo-words that I like to throw out every once in a while. Luckily good grammar isn't a requirement for nursing; if it were Eastern NC would have no nurses.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.