Monday, January 31, 2011

Facebook [Love/Hate]

I have a love-hate relationship with Facebook. I love that it allows me to keep in touch with family and friends (I'm not a phone person), share pictures with people, play mindless games, and stalk the occasional ex-boyfriend. It's also nice to be able to see how distant relatives and former classmates are doing and what they've accomplished since I last saw them.

On the flip side, I truly hate the website. The developers are always changing things and trying to make it "new and updated" while they're actually just making it a frustration to relearn. I get friend requests from people who haven't talked to me in years, and still won't even after I accept the request (which is why they end up deleted a month later when I get super irritated with it). And most of all, it screws with the privacy settings on a regular basis and never informs me that anything has changed. Maybe I'm just paranoid (and I won't deny it if so accused), but it feels like they're trying to sneakily share everyone's information with the entire world just to make an extra buck and that annoys the crap out of me. I think the most recent news article stated that FB would be using people's status updates for advertising. I mean, huh?

Then again, where else can I constantly know what those closest to me are doing, see pictures from neat vacation spots, and share funny pictures that I steal from Failbook or The Frisky? I guess no matter how much I hate it, I just can't break my addiction to it...not yet anyways.

How I feel every time I sign in to my account...


1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.