Saturday, January 15, 2011

Burnt Out

I've been diligently studying for my nursing boards daily since last Monday. I'm managing to average around 7 hours a day of study time which includes reviewing books/notes and taking around 400-500 practice questions. Although I'm reviewing some good material, it also means that the flame is dying quickly. The big day is this coming Wednesday and even though I dread it, I would also love for it to be over and done with.

For those that don't know how the test works, it's given on computer and I have a total of 6 hours to take it. The minimum number of questions is 75 and the maximum is 265. When I get to 75 questions, the computer will decide if I'm a genius (pass) or a moron (fail); if it can't determine either, it will keep giving me questions until "it" can make a decision...then the test cuts off. I'm hoping for only 75 (genius status) but am preparing myself for all 265. I have trouble making decisions on a daily basis so I can only imagine how hard it will be for something else to make a decision about me!

The most stressful part is that I have to wait 48 hours to look up my results online, which means I will be a disheveled disaster for 48 hours. If you're reading this, please just cross your fingers for me...and toes...and anything else you have that crosses.

My ever-evolving study plan...

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.