Saturday, July 31, 2010

A List

I believe at one time my sister made a list rather than writing a blog post in order to keep everyone updated. I think I'll do that also because honestly, this summer has sucked the creativeness out of me. I can't even come up with silly poetry anymore. It's sad, but all of the butt wiping has erased my mind. Following, a few updates.

-School starts August 24th. I'm actually looking forward to going back. 1. Because I won't have to work as much and 2. Because I graduate in December and August-November are the only things standing in my way.

-I did my first nurse aid shift on the psych unit last night. I get to sit there with patients who are at high risk for attempting suicide or self-mutilating. Easiest job ever. No joke. Way easier than my other unit.

-I'm reading Harry Potter again. I know no one cares, but it's something to write about myself.

-I'm going up to Bethesda in August to shadow some nurses at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). I don't think I'll end up being a research nurse, but it would be nice to know what it's like before I rule it out. And I always wanted to work at the NIH. Mainly because it just sounds cool.

-My pets are all happy and healthy. Thank God.

-I've gotten better at wakeboarding and love that my boat runs. Unfortunately the jellyfish are back at the river due to lack of rain so it may be a while before I get out on the water again. I don't fall that much anymore, but knowing there are small, squishy, intensely painful creatures waiting to sting my skin is enough to mess me up.

-Alister got us Direct TV. 200 stations and I still can't find shit I want to watch. Waste.

-I have a new addiction to pad thai. It used to be sushi but for now the noodles are doing it for me.

And that's about it. Boring, I know. I wasn't kidding when I said this summer has sucked the life- I mean creativity- out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.