Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fail

Wow, so I'm failing at blog writing! Not much has been going on lately. I've spent a LOT of time working at the hospital while getting oriented to the unit and when I get spare time, I tend to sleep...a lot. Probably more than normal. But I love sleep. Some people say you sleep plenty when you die; I don't agree. You can also sleep plenty while you're alive and I don't feel like I've lost that much!

As for work- I'm not meant to be a nurse. Everyone that wants to be one has a passion for it, I do not. I enjoy most of my patients but the dirty stuff is just not me. I know, me not liking dirty stuff. Crazy thought. I was even really sad the other day when a patient went downhill quick and had to go to ICU. Still didn't make me want to be a nurse. As a matter of fact, when I went to the ICU, I felt claustrophobic and just wanted to leave. Yes, it's true, everyone that knows me is right. I am not nurse material. On to grad school.

I have the next 2 days off and then I work 5 12-hour shifts next week before the big Tripp family reunion. I miss the days when the summer actually = vacation and getting to travel. But alas, paying the bills becomes the important thing and I'm the type of person (and it's true) that prefers to pay my own bills. I will never be a gold digger because I like knowing that my debt and lifestyle are my responsibility. I'll probably be happier when I make more than my significant other; it's that little bit of feminism coming out!

As for other stuff, I'm reading a few good books and trying to stay in touch via Facebook with those that I can. I've accepted that nursing school has made me a bad friend, sister, daughter, niece, cousin, etc and I just hope that it will change when I'm done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.