Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sigh

I just found out that I have to go in for a 12 hour shift tomorrow (originally I was off). As much as I dread it, I also wonder what idiotic thing I will manage to do tomorrow. At some point, I have to start finding humor in the fact that I am a total klutz and should not be dealing with living things for a career (on top of the fact that I can't stand nursing and don't want to do it).

Examples? Last week, I dumped a guy's blood from his hemovac all over him (see last post). Earlier this week I spilled pee from a guy's bedside commode all over the floor. A day later I stabbed every patient in the mouth with the oral thermometer (in my defense, if you didn't have surgery on your arm or shoulder, quit being a lazy ass, pick up your arm, and hold your own damn thermometer). Later that same day, I had a disasterous event with a patient's meal tray. And after all of the above, I'm only 3 days in. Tomorrow should be a hoot.

1 comment:

  1. You amuse me. Are you still going to deliver my baby? :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.