Sunday, April 18, 2010

Grandma Evans

My Grandma Evans passed away last Friday at the age of 87. She was a wonderful Grandma and I will always have good memories of her (well, the best I can have considering I can't remember 90% of my life). It was hard to lose her, but even harder to see my Grandpa experience losing his wife...I think that got to me more than anything else. I spent yesterday in Winston Salem with family and although the situation sucked, it was great to spend time with family that I rarely see. Below is her obit (edited b/c this is on the internet and no one needs stalkers):

Nancy P. Evans, 87, of Winston-Salem, and formerly of Tyner, passed away, Friday, April 16, 2010 in Forsyth Memorial Hospital. A loving wife, mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother, she will be missed by all who knew her. A Girl Scout troop leader for many years, she was later active in the Power Squadron, the River City Sam’s Club, and was faithful in her church circle. Surviving are her husband of 65 years, her four children, seven grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.

Tomorrow morning I'm headed to the funeral and to spend the day with more family. Today I had to study, but did so outside due to the gorgeous weather. I managed to get a couple of pictures of my cats enjoying the weather with me. Aside from this, I have nothing else to write b/c nursing school has fried my brain so badly that I don't even know whose hand I'm holding anymore for family meal blessings.

Wanted to add one more picture that was taken while at the funeral...great family picture, -Kris (BIL) and +Alister

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.