Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Psych

Today I had orientation for my upcoming psychiatric mental-health clinicals and I have to admit I'm kind of excited. I've always thought I'm a bit crazy (that was reinforced by the egg donor people telling me that I failed the psych evaluation) and maybe because of that I've always been okay being around others with issues (let's not include family in that though...different situation). Either way, I think the mentally ill are fascinating and can't wait to work with them one-on-one. We were with our clinical groups today but we had the opportunity to meet with the various faculty we'll get to work with during our rotations, find out exactly where our rotations will be, and do several role playing activities to get us prepared for our interactions with the patients. My group is going to 2 normal hospitals (psych units), a mental hospital, and a drug/alcohol rehab center. I'm happy with the variety we get and am definitely looking forward to the experiences (although, like OB, I may hate it by the end...we'll see).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.