Saturday, January 30, 2010

Oh the snow

It actually snowed in Greenville last night. I woke up early this morning (due to the cat's harassing me for food) and was treated to several inches outside (obviously; there's a problem if it were inside). Unfortunately the freezing rain started shortly after and even Stetson wasn't fond of going out. It did slow down towards late afternoon so he got a walk but it was a quick one because it was absolutely freezing from the wind gusting. That dog does enjoy some ice and snow though. He would run and then slide because his claws couldn't get a grip. I also let Harrison out briefly and he was fascinated...and confused because the was no grass to eat (and later throw up on my floor).

I did accomplish a LOT of cleaning today. Every room is as close to spotless as possible and the amount of hair floating around is definitely down by about 50%. And my bathroom is more sparkly than it's been since this house was built. I'm just now starting on some school work so it looks to be a long evening yet.

Oh, and in honor of my med-surg write up:
Bloody wound vacs, cannulas and trachs, nausea and vomiting, constant belly aches.
Walkers, crutches, wheelchairs, canes, listening to a patient, constantly complain.
Hip replacements, brand new knees, trauma fractures, back surgeries.
Oh ortho floor, you kinda suck, being stuck on you, is just my luck.

A few pictures from today:


1 comment:

  1. haha, i love the look on harrisons face!

    ps: nice poem :P

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.