Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I'm a blogging failure

I swore to myself that I would try to maintain this blog on a regular basis, but as the few left who still check it can see, I don't do a very good job. Most of the times I get on here these days is to update everything that has happened since the last post...which seems to be about a month before. Sigh.

I guess I'll start with the egg donation thing. I was actually really starting to look forward to the whole process when I was informed that I had "failed" the psych evaluation. Now, I always knew I was a bit crazy (isn't everyone in their own way) but for a stranger who has never met me to tell me that I am not up to their standards was a little off-putting. The couple had picked me out from a website with hundreds of other donors on it and in a second I had some shrink up in MA judging me over a bunch of random questions ie "Do you like reading books on mechanics", "If you could be an artist would you want to paint flowers", and "Do you frequently hear voices in your head that no one else does". And sadly, I "failed" it. Oh well, there's still nursing school (despite the nice little self esteem blow). Guess my eggs just aren't good enough.

On a separate note, I have signed up to try to write a novel in one month starting November 1 through http://www.nanowrimo.org/. Actually, it's a 50,000 word piece of randomness that I'm going to attempt to come up with in 30 days in hopes that somewhere deep inside I'm capable of being an author. I don't have high hopes though since I can't even seem to keep a simple blog up-to-date. I'll TRY to update on here and let my few readers left how it's going.

Nursing school is going okay. Well, I actually despise this semester because it's just one huge, unorganized mess, but I'm just trying to get through it. I found that I actually do not like pediatrics (big surprise there) and that I'm not even that find of obstetrics anymore. I'm really hoping that sometime during these 2 years of torture I can find something I can manage to stand long enough to get into graduate school (and really, I've given up claiming I know what I want to do with that either).

The story of my life can be summed up in 3 words...I don't know.

1 comment:

  1. You're not a failure, you're merely ... random! :) I always enjoy what you write. You have a wicked sense of humor. The writing thing should be very interesting.
    Funny, you have 5 followers. I write every day and have none. Life is NOT fair! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.