Sunday, August 23, 2009

Another Attempt

Tomorrow morning I am going to begin another attempt to start running. I've done that many times over the years and never managed to stick with it, mainly b/c running bores the heck out of me. However, I put on a bunch of weight over the summer and running has always been the quickest way to take it off. This time though, I'm going to try starting out "right". All of the books, magazines, and websites recommend starting with a run/walk combination so even though it makes me feel less productive maybe it will make me more likely to stick with it. The goal is to run 30 straight minutes (don't laugh all you runners out there- I'm out of shape!) by the end of October. After that I may try and work my way up...or just stick with that. The only thing I'm dreading is the timing; since I walk Stetson in the evenings, it looks like I'll be an early bird (haha).

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! Be sure to keep posting how you do. I wish I had your resolve .. but I think I'd be more likely to roll than walk.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how it goes. Maybe I'll try it. I could stand to lose a few pounds :P

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.